Movavi Video Editor Plus
- By visiting our Site and downloading, installing, and using the VSDC’s software (hereinafter – Applications), you accept all terms and conditions of this Policy.
- This Policy, including its construction, method of adoption, performing, amending and termination is subject to legislation of the Republic of Cyprus.
- Personal information means information that can be associated with a specific User, including but not limited to: name (pseudonym or nickname), email address, telephone number (e.g., in cases when you request individual technical support or assistance), and information about User’s purchases and activations of Applications (preference categories and other types of preference-related advertising), payment methods, payment currencies or other payment data.
- For website personalisation, we also gather information about the devices you use to access our Sites (desktop and mobile); this may include the IP address and other geolocation data, browser type and version, operating system and system language, referring website, time of access and other data.
- VSDC processes the personal information that the User provides about themselves by filling out respective forms. For example, when downloading a trial version of an Application from the Site, subscribing to email newsletters, contacting VSDC for technical support or via feedback forms, etc. VSDC may set out the requirements to the information that is mandatory to provide the User with our services. If some information is not marked by VSDC as mandatorily required, the User may submit or disclose such information at his own discretion.
- We process user data exclusively for the purposes and according to the methods provided when the data was collected.
- We use the collected data for purposes in addition to those for which it was released only when the user has expressly consented.
- We let third parties access the provided data exclusively for the purposes specified herein.
- We do not disclose the data, assign, or transfer it to third parties for their own processing unless the User has been informed in advance and has given their consent.
- We respond to requests for cancelling, changing, or adding the data provided.
- We ensure proper and lawful data management.
- We safeguard the privacy of users and apply appropriate security measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the data provided.
- If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under the applicable laws, but no longer than reasonably necessary in light of the purposes above. We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any transactions, fulfilling a contract purposes or marketing communications.
- If the information submitted by you contains personal information, by using our Site, services or products or by providing personal information to us, you freely and voluntarily grant VSDC written informed consent to process that data for the purposes defined by this Policy. This includes any action (operation) or sequence of actions (operations) performed with or without using automated tools: collecting, recording, sorting, accumulating, storing, specifying (updating, changing), withdrawing, using, transferring (distributing, providing, accessing) information to third parties, including cross-border transfer to other jurisdictions, disclosing or making available, anonymization, restriction, blocking, deleting, and destruction of personal information. The consent can be revoked at any time with immediate effect for the future by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Sensitive information. VSDC does not collect sensitive personal information such as sexual preferences, religion, political views, or health conditions. We will not request it from you, and neither do we need it.
- Data on children. Persons under the age of 13, or any higher minimum age in the jurisdiction where that person resides, should not provide us with personal information unless they have a verifiable permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s). Our Site, products and services are not intended for children under the age of 13 or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children, but if a parent, guardian or anyone else believes that a child has submitted personal information to us and would like us to delete that information may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your personal information is protected by legal rights, which include your right to request access to your personal information; object to or restrict our processing of your personal information; request that your personal information be erased or corrected; export your data in a machine-readable format; transmit those data to another controller. For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us using the contact details below. You can always update or delete your personal information on our Sites. If at any time you would like us to delete or change any of your personal information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
- When you use the Site or Applications, anonymized data may be transmitted automatically to VSDC. The data transmitted includes but is not limited to: your IP-address, location (country, area, city), browser version, traffic source, hardware model and other device-specific information, operating system version, unique device identifiers, statistical information about your actions on the Site and Application use, information about the data that is being sent and received via the Application.
- Anonymized data may be collected and/or processed using the services of the third parties, such as:
- analytics services;
- social network plugins;
- other systems and services that use and process anonymized user data.
Credit Card Purchases
- If you use a credit card to purchase a VSDC product, the credit card number is encrypted as it passes over the Internet. The information about your credit card is not kept in or recorded by VSDC, it is simply transferred to your bank, credit card company, and payment processing company. In this respect, an online credit card purchase is similar to a credit card purchase at any store.
- Such information about the User as the name, email address and purchased product is kept by VSDC for further delivery and/or registration of the product.
Use of Personal Information
- VSDC uses personal information for the following purposes:
- Execution and performance of license agreements with the User;
- Identification of the User in the course of fulfilling VSDC’s obligations under the agreements with the User;
- Communication with the User for the purposes of informational support and improvement of the Applications, including notification through third parties;
- Distribution of advertising materials of VSDC and/or third parties among Users as the targeted audience;
- Targeting of advertising and/or informational materials.
- VSDC may share personal information with service providers that provide services on our behalf when it is necessary for provision of such services within the limits of the purposes listed above.
Use of Anonymized Data
- VSDC uses anonymized data for the following purposes:
- Improvement of the Site and Applications;
- Communication with the User for the purposes of informational support and improvement of the Applications, including notification through third parties;
- Distribution of advertising materials of VSDC and/or third parties among Users as targeted audience;
- Targeting of advertising and/or informational materials by age, gender or other attributes;
- Marketing, statistics and other research based on anonymized data.
- VSDC may provide anonymized data to with service providers that provide services on our behalf when it is necessary for provision of such services within the limits of the purposes listed above.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device when you visit our Site. This allows the Site to recognise you as a user either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits ( a ‘persistent cookie’). They are not harmful and do not contain any information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
The cookies we use fall into four broad types:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential for helping you to navigate our Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Site. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for, such as setting up an account cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the Internet.
In order to keep the Site, services, and products relevant, easy to use and up to date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our Site. For example, we can see which parts of the Site and products are most popular, identify when errors occur, and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised which means we cannot identify you personally. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling, advertising, or remembering where you've been on the Internet, but help us provide advertising that is more relevant to you.
Targeted Marketing Cookies
The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous to any external third party, and your account security is never compromised. For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the "Help" tab of your browser via the menu bar. Should you need any help, please contact us via email below.
User’s Consent to Receiving Information from VSDC
- Our Site and Applications offer news and information regarding our products by subscription, including email newsletters. If you decide to subscribe to these services, you may be asked to provide your email address. By doing so, you agree to receive emails from VSDC with information about updates and any other information related to the Applications, as well as other types of information from VSDC, including advertisements. We may use the information you provide to help develop content that is relevant to our users. You are free to cancel your subscription(s) at any time.
- To cancel your subscription, follow the instructions in the bottom of the letter or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request deletion of your data from the mailing list. In this case, VSDC will keep your personal information in its database, but will not contact you unless you change your mind on this issue.
Confidentiality of User Information
- VSDC stores information of Users and takes necessary and sufficient organizational and technical security measures of protection from unauthorized access and disclosure in compliance with internal rules and procedures (including GDPR).
- We maintain administrative and technical safeguards for the protection of personal information. These safeguards include the following:
- Administrative safeguards: Access to the personal information of users is limited to authorized personnel who have a legitimate need to know based on their job descriptions — for example, employees who provide technical support to end users. All such data is subject to password protection. In the case of third-party contractors who process personal information on our behalf, similar requirements are imposed.
- Technical safeguards: Access to user information in our database by Internet is not permitted except through an encrypted virtual private network (VPN). Other access is limited to our physical premises; the removal of personal information from our location is forbidden. Third-party contractors who process personal information on our behalf agree to provide reasonable physical safeguards.
- To implement purchases in Applications VSDC uses services of third parties.
Some types of third parties with whom we share your data are:
- IT companies: VSDC works with businesses that support our website and other business systems.
- Marketing companies: we work with marketing companies that help us manage our electronic communications with you or carry out surveys and product reviews on our behalf.
- Payment processing: VSDC works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
Here is the list of third-party companies we are cooperating with for business purposes:
We use Mailchimp for newsletter and marketing emails. Through Mailchimp, we track emails, including who opens the emails and who clicks on which link.
Google Ads & Google Merchant Center
We use the services of Google Ads and Google Merchant Center to draw attention to our offers by means of advertising materials and advertising campaigns on external websites. In relation to the advertising campaign data, we can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are. We pursue thereby the interest to show you advertisement, which is of interest for you, to arrange our Site for you more interestingly and to reach a fair calculation of advertising costs.
We use Yandex.Direct to display content and search-based ads. This helps us show you advertisements of our products and services which are of interest to you, when searching Yandex and browsing other websites.
We use Yandex.Metrica to help us improve the usefulness of the Site. It collects standard Internet log info and movement on the Site in an anonymous form. This information is used to give us a better understanding of how people use our Site.
We use Yahoo Gemini to place digital advertisements on Yahoo in order to provide up-to-date information to our previous visitors.
Google Analytics helps us understand the use of our Site by our visitors. Because Google Analytics requires cookies to function, users who wish to avoid tracking by Google Analytics while on our Site can disable cookies in their browser. By using this Site, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Our mobile applications are analyzed with technologies from AppsFlyer Inc. Various session and interaction data are collected from you and stored for this purpose. We need this information to improve the content and usability of our applications and to optimize the user experience for you. The session and interaction data are at no time processed in personalized form, but under a pseudonym.
We use Fabric as a crash reporting service on our mobile applications. It is used to collect information about the devices that you use and your use of our applications (for example the timestamp of when you launched the application and when the crash occurred) which enables us to diagnose and resolve problems. It helps us to further enhance your user experience and to improve the stability of mobile applications. If you do however wish to opt out of data collection via Fabric, you can do so via the application settings in our mobile applications.
We use OneSignal to deliver personalized notifications to the end users of our mobile applications.
We use a third-party tool of Amplitude, Inc, to collect and analyze how you use our mobile applications. Amplitude is an analytic software tool, which helps us improve our Service by better understanding the user’s behavior.
VSDC uses 2Checkout (www.2checkout.com) for processing of secured payments for purchases made on the Site. The entire purchase process is managed by 2Checkout, who acts as VSDC’s authorized merchant and reseller. When you enter your credit card and billing information on the Site, personal Information is transferred securely to 2Checkout. By making a purchase on the Site via 2Checkout, you authorize VSDC to use 2Checkout to process your transactions and to transfer personal information to them, but only to the extent needed to complete the transaction and manage your purchases.
No credit card information is ever stored on servers controlled by us. 2Checkout has our permission to store, on our behalf, the data pertaining to the executed transactions by customers of the Site (including credit card information) with the goal of ensuring a secure method of payment and proof of purchase archive, allowing for the protection of our customers, and for follow-up as needed. This transactional data may be used for validation and registration purposes of our customers, and to trace any fraudulent activities if necessary.
We also use Cleverbridge as a reserve 3rd party payment gateway. The personal information related policy is the same as with our main gateway (2Checkout).
We use Google Optimize cookies, to test and analyse how audiences interact with our Site. We do this to make informed decisions about how to provide a better experience for our visitors.
We use SurveyMonkey, Inc. to collect some survey and questionnaire data.
Google Tag Manager
We use Google Tag Manager, a tag management system that allows us to quickly and easily update tracking codes and related code fragments collectively known as "tags" on our Site or mobile app.
Coveny Limited / Blue Europe
We use the services of Coveny Limited / Blue Europe to display ads through Coveny Limited / Blue Europe advertising network for users who have visited our Site or made add-to-cart action. This helps us to bring users back to our Site.
If you prefer that we not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com.
We use PIXELLE LLC to manage our electronic communications with you.
- VSDC is not responsible for the use of User data by the third parties that the User interacts with in the course of using the Application.
Other Disclosures of Personal Information
- VSDC may disclose personal information to third parties in the following cases:
- According to the User’s expressed consent to such disclosure.
- The transfer of VSDC’s assets to possession, use or ownership of a third party including assignment of rights under the executed agreements with the User to such third party.
- At the request of a court or other authorized governmental agency to the extent required under applicable legislation.
- For the purpose of protection of VSDC's rights with respect to the breach of agreements executed with the User.
- A new version of the Policy is effective from the moment of its publication unless specified otherwise by such new version of the Policy.
We highly value your trust and are always ready to answer your questions about the handling of your personal information.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.